What Can I Eat?
While wearing braces, you should avoid hard, chewy, crunchy, and sticky foods. These foods can cause harm and extend the duration of time you wear your braces.
Foods to avoid:
• Caramel and gooey chocolate bars
• Very sticky or chunky peanut butter
• Hard candies
• Chewy candy, taffy, and gummy bears
Use caution when:
• Chewy bread such as bagels – tear into small pieces
• Chips – eat them carefully and one at a time
• Corn on the cob – cut off the cob
• Apples and carrots – cut into small pieces
• Soda and sugary drinks – avoid these whenever possible, as drinking too much can cause tooth decay